Today’s customers are very Internet savvy. They use the Internet as their number one resource when it comes to searching for products or services that they need. Shopping online is also catching up to being as popular as shopping from a real-life outlet. As such, business owners too have to become Internet savvy and use their website as a major tool for driving customers to their business. The best way to increase customers to your business is by increasing traffic to your website. So how do you go about increasing website traffic? Here are some pointers:
- Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is still one of the major ways in which you can ensure that your website ranks high up on Google search results. When the terms that people use to search for specific products or services (called keywords) are also the terms that are used in your website (within an appropriate or relevant context), then your website is sure to come up in search results when those keywords are used. So a little research into relevant keywords will pay huge dividends when the content of your website is written with these keywords in mind.
- Good headlines are your next weapon of choice. This is also great to catch people’s attention on social networks and make them share your content. Good headlines are what make people click on the link to read further, so if you want to get more traffic to your website, spending some time on engaging headlines is the sure-fire way to go.
- Make sure the content on your website is rich, engaging, interesting, and informative. Plagiarism is a strict no-no.
- Once you have taken care of the general keywords in your content, it would be wise to also look into what is known as “long tail keywords”, which is what makes up the majority of searches on the Internet.
- Use social media effectively to market your content, whether it is Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. This not only increases the popularity of your website, it also increases your brand image or brand value. You also get promoted abundantly when people share your content on social media. This gives you much more visibility than even through paid advertising.
- Making sure that your website is easy to access, easy on the eye, and fast to load is the other side of the coin for increasing traffic to your website and ensuring a repeat audience. Nobody wants to return to a website that takes forever to load or that is not accessible on mobile devices or which is not easy to navigate. Also keep in mind that with more and more people active on mobile devices, it is important that your website is accessible on all kinds of devices.
- Use Google’s webmaster tools to understand and analyze how your website works, what kind of keywords people are using, and how your website ranks in the search results.
Microtek offers a number of services to help build traffic to your website, and convert that traffic into real business.
Sign up today for 15 crucial SEO Tips that you can build on right away!